Losing weight is a growing concern in almost every corner of the earth. People in different destinations are trying different ways of shedding off some pounds. Some are cutting down on fats intake, others are reducing the number of sweets they take, and others have resorted to eating more fresh, natural foods. The majority of Americans are going the natural way to lose weight. Many health and wellness experts advise that including fruits and vegetables in your diet the right way is an effective way of getting rid of extra pounds
Why is juicing preferred to eating raw fruits? The idea of juicing is just an advocacy of taking more fruits and vegetables. It is a fun way of adding these integral ingredients to a diet to make it healthier especially for people who don’t enjoy or can’t take raw fruits and vegetables for various reasons. Honestly, there are some vegetables that even the most health conscious person won’t like when raw but all of us would take when included in a juice. That’s a key benefit of juicing.
Best Juicing For Weight Loss Recipes
There are probably thousands of juicing recipes for weight loss. The best juicing recipe ensures that the resultant juice has lots of micro-nutrients and low calorie content. In addition, it should contain minimal or no fats. A juice intended to help you lose weight should suppress your appetite while at the same time providing the body with essential minerals, vitamins, and enzymes.
Cruciferous vegetables have been proven to promote fat loss. They provide the body with the right tools to fight xenoestrogens, push detoxification in the right direction and help with hormonal balance. They are also uniquely positioned to support optimal functioning of certain enzyme systems that influence liver detoxification. These functions explain why cruciferous vegetables are used as ingredients in most of the best juicing recipes for weight loss.
Two Ways Of Juicing For Weight Loss
Success stories are narrated in videos (even documentaries have been produced) about how people successfully managed weight loss using juices. The methods may be different but they reveal one common thing – that weight loss through juices requires remarkable determination and discipline.
One of the ways depicted in the success stories involves consuming nothing else but juice for a length of time. One gentleman named Joe Cross did 60 days taking juice and lost a whopping 100 pounds. This is a no-joke fast that needs you to be well-prepared before you start. You should also consult your doctor before jumping into Joe’s way to ascertain that you are fit for the fast.
My boss at work did a similar diet for a week. And even though it was only for 7 days the results were amazing. He lost a descent amount of weight and felt a lot more energised throughout the day.
You can also turn to a less challenging method that involves incorporating healthy juice in your lifestyle. If you are fond of takeaway processed foods and that’s one of the reasons you seek effective ways of losing weight, replace those unhealthy foods with juices and make it part of your lifestyle.
THE LIFT-OFF: ONE OF THE BEST JUICING RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
The Lift-Off juice is loaded with dark green vegetables and ginger to supply the body with high amounts of calcium and suppress hunger. The recipe offers maximum weight loss benefits by ensuring that the juice contains fiber. It’s also one of the best tasting juices and could be your favorite. Here’s how you make a Lift-Off juice:
- 1/2 lemon in medium size, peeled
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 cucumber in medium size
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- 2 leaves of collard greens
- Swiss chard leaves
Combine two collard green leaves with two Swiss chard leaves in a juicer. Add I cup each of spinach and kale. Then, add one-inch of peeled fresh ginger and one-half of medium cucumber to add some freshness. Add one-half peeled lemon and mix the ingredients.
You can take the juice immediately or within 24 to 36 hours. The juice can be taken alone or with meals.
This recipe can be used by observers of the paleo diet. In addition to allowing for fiber retention, the fruits used in the Lift-Off juice recipe are not sugary or fatty which means they are good not only for weight management but also for overall body health. Taking this juice consistently with your paleo diet will lead to significant weight loss. No need to keep calculating calories!
Juicing Tips For Beginners
- Have more greens than fruits – Many people who have just started juicing make a big mistake of adding too many fruits. It’s important to follow the 80/20 rule that guides vegetable and fruit mixing. It simply means that 80% of the ingredients should be vegetables and 20% is fruits. Fruits are majorly for adding a pleasant taste to the juice to make the otherwise unpalatable vegetables palatable. For maximum weight loss benefits, always go for fruits with low sugar content such as grapefruit and lemons.
- Avoid removing fiber from your juice – Many weight loss experts recommend making a blender juice. You put all ingredients in a blender, add water and mix them together. This method allows the much-needed fiber to remain in the juice. You are able to prepare a vegetable-heavy and fiber-rich juice that keeps weight loss natural, simpler and enjoyable.
- Drink the juice as soon as you can or store it appropriately – If you want to benefit the most from the juice that you make, drink it as soon as it’s ready. Normally, the juice should be drunk within 20 minutes of preparation. If you have to store it, fill to the brim an airtight glass or a BPA-free plastic container. The juice is fit for consumption within 24-36 when stored properly.
- Use green juice powders – Using organic green superfood juice powders is an excellent alternative or addition to juicing. You can either mix the green juice powders with water or mix them into a smoothie. Check out the most popular green juice powders here.
Juicing alone can’t work the miracle of burning fat. It should complement other weight loss exercises and watching your diet, especially your intake of carbohydrates and sugar. Having the right motivation is also key to having a sustainable weight loss plan. People who just focus on the scale lack an inner drive to achieve better health. They hardly make it through the challenges of weight management. A holistic approach to weight loss is better because it allows one to adopt a health-conscious lifestyle. This way, one can achieve his/her weight loss goals without feeling anxious or disappointed even when results don’t come as soon as expected.