Yoga is known to offer some of the most effective exercises to losing weight. Yoga for weight loss exercises are light on the joints which helps to minimize cases of getting injuries while training the body. Besides, it can be practiced at the comfort of your home or under minimal guidance of a trained professional. If you also don’t like sweating it out, yoga asanas for weight loss can be amazing alternatives for you.
Yoga helps you reduce weight, control your body metabolism, and even offer peace to your soul. By maintaining a balanced body weight and keeping fit, it becomes easier to build your self-esteem while also minimizing your stress.
How Can Yoga For Weight Loss Help You Reshape Your Body?
Yoga for weight loss is a fun and relaxing way to get healthy in general. It will help you look and feel better, reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep, and increase your overall happiness.
- Yoga is holistic; as such, it brings harmony between your body and the mind thereby helping you maintain good overall health. If you do not like taking part in vigorous activities such as jogging, cycling, and running, then maybe you should try yoga poses to stimulate your body metabolism. By stretching your body parts and limbs, you promote calorie burn which ultimately helps you in toning your body including getting that highly coveted flat tummy.
- Yoga poses help in correcting thyroid functions by controlling metabolism. High metabolism in the body helps in burning fat quite fast.
- Yoga for weight loss asana exercises help you maintain the right pH of your body. Too much acid can lead to accumulation of fat in the organs and blood vessels. As such, yoga helps to protect your body from excessive production of acids in the body.
- Reduce stress levels in the body. Stress is a major ingredient of weight gain; relaxing yoga poses relieve stress and anxiety.
- Systematic stretching from yoga poses activates heat which helps in burning fat. The internal heat helps burn calories thereby arousing your nervous system.
- Muscle strength yoga exercises help in promoting muscle tissues that fuel fat burning.
- Combining yoga and Pilates (known as Yogalates) can speed up the process of burning calories and toning your body.
Top 5 Yoga Asanas For Fast Weight Loss
It’s not often easy to keep fit; in most cases, you may need to spend 4-5 days a week in the gym sweating away. But with yoga poses you can easily engage in the following poses at the comfort of your home or using the guidance of a well-trained professional. There are numerous yoga poses for weight loss and those that will help you achieve a flat tummy.
The warrior pose strengthens and tones shoulders, arms, and thigh muscles thereby making it one of the most efficient yoga poses for weight loss. If you have back problems, this pose will significantly enhance your overall body stamina. For this pose, you will need to stand upright on with both your legs spread far apart. Bring your hands right above your head and stretch. Fasten both your hands together and turn your upper body to your right. Slightly bend your right knees while stretching your lower abdominal muscles. Close your eyes for 1 minute. Repeat the process, this time turning to the right and then to your left. This posture will help you tighten your body muscles and tone your legs thereby giving your body more strength. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times on each side.
The chair pose yoga position is the best in thigh exercises and can help in strengthening your muscles in this body area. It touches on the glutes, chest and back. Besides, the pose also touches on both your ankle and knee muscles. The pose can also help in strengthening your lower back and upper body that touches on your mind too. Although this position requires huge amounts of stamina, you may experience pain at first. However, with practice, you will eventually gain more flexibility. For this pose, begin by having your feet kept together. Also,inhale while having your hands raised above your head. You should also stretch them up and inhale while bending both your knees. Hold the position for 60 seconds and try to do it 10 times every day before increasing the time every three days. This pose will help you tone your thighs and even melt away fat from your chubby tummy.
This is one of the highly power-packed yoga asanas to tone stomach and abs. The pose will significantly increase your stamina and help cut down any tummy fat. All you need to do is to sit on a mat with your knees pulled up. Your thighs should be held quite tightly and toes pointed out. Raise both of your feet off the ground to a steep 45-degree angle and inhale. In this position, your spine should be held straight and your body curved slightly to make a v-shape. Raise both your arms to your shoulder level and inhale deeply.
This is arguably one of the best yoga asanas for belly fat reduction. As such, the pose is highly effective in cutting down fat from the abdomen area by strengthening the muscles in that region. Additionally, it helps in toning the arms and leg muscles while also helping in digestion by stimulating the key thyroid glands and kidneys. It’s also one of the best yoga poses that help in remedying neck pain.
To practice this pose, you will need to lie on your back having both your feet joined together and your hands on the side. Lift your head and chest slightly off your ground and stretch your hand towards your feet as you exhale. Hold it for 30 seconds and up to a minute. You will begin to feel the some tension on your abdominal muscles- keep your breathing pace normal. Repeat the pose 3-4 times while lifting one of your legs in the air.
This pose is part of the basic hatha yoga poses that are known for their effectiveness in promoting weight loss. It stretches your whole body right from the abdomen, lower back, upper back, and even the buttocks. As such, the pose helps to increase your flexibility by enhancing strength in your back, arms and legs. You will feel a stretch on your shoulders, chest, and the belly area. To practice this pose, you will need to lie face-down with your hands also facing the ground. Lift your legs without bending your knees as you inhale. Remember this pose will touch on your upper body, stretching your abdominal muscles. Remember to keep your balance on the tummy. This pose helps to effectively reduce tons of fat near the hips as well aid in toning your leg muscles.